Just arrived or still learning the new places to travel over a weekend from Luxembourg. There are quite a few weekend travels you can do from Luxembourg. Here is a quick summary to think about:
- Brussels, Belgium: Brussels can be reached via train. It has a beautiful square (Grand Place), delicious food (waffles, fries, chocolate), and hundreds of beers to try at Delirium Cafe. You can also see some quirky statues like Manneken Pis and Jeanneke Pis.
- Vianden, Luxembourg: Vianden is a picturesque town with a stunning castle that dates back to the 11th century. You can also visit the Victor Hugo Museum, take a chairlift to enjoy the views, or hike in the nearby forests.
- Paris, France: The city of love and lights, with iconic attractions like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Arc de Triomphe. You can also stroll along the Seine River, enjoy the cafes and bistros, or shop at the Champs-Élysées. Just take a TGV train and reach Paris in about 2 hours.
- Cologne, Germany: A historic city with a majestic cathedral that dominates the skyline. You can also explore the old town, visit the chocolate museum, or enjoy the carnival festivities if you go in February or March.
- Mullerthal, Luxembourg: A region known as Little Switzerland for its scenic landscapes and hiking trails. You can see impressive rock formations, waterfalls, caves, and castles along the way.
These are just some of the possible places to travel from Luxembourg in a weekend. There are many more options depending on how far you want to go and what you want to see and do.
#Luxembourg #WeekendTravel #Travel #LuxembourgExpats #Expats #LuxExpats