Today we are writing about simple things we can do in life that makes our life healthier and happier. A healthy life is a happy life. None of what we document below is not known to you. So, we won't be introducing you to new topics but merely accumulate a reference list to remind ourselves.
- Drink water: Water and fluid intake for the human body is essential. Many ailments can be avoided with proper fluid intake. About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids for men. About 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women.
- Eat healthy: Eat a variety of food. Green vegetables, protein (Chicken, pulses). Avoid obviously unhealthy foods such as pastry, pizza. Yes, one can cheat every now and then for pleasure.
- Sit idle for 10mins every day: This is under-rated and almost never spoken about. If you think about it, most of us don't even spend 2 mins per day in silent thinking. Unless you think, we won't be able to better ourselves. Allocate 10mins per day for thinking in silence without talking, reading, watching or staring at your mobile/computer. Preferably in the morning.
- Read about topics outside of your work: We tend to be over-involved in the topic that we work on daily. This makes our ability to appreciate others and viewpoints difficult over time. So, make an effort to read about topics that you don't know much about. e.g. If you're an artist, read about engineering. Its not important how much you understand, its rather important that you're consciously opening up your mind to newer topics.
- Smile: Smile is the gateway to your heart, mind and soul. A genuine smile can open-up unexpected opportunities. No one likes to be around a grumpy soul.
- Spend time with family: At the end of the day, an important part of our legacy is our family and their well-being. Spending time, consciously, and being present with our family members will make your life way more happier and easier.
- Avoid alcohol and Smoking: Alcohol and smoking makes your health worse. Much has been written and already known. We will simply highlight it.
- Get most important work done: As explained in the book "Black Swan", not all decisions we make change our lives. But important decisions do. So, get the most important work done. You can afford to be lazy on less important topics.
- Move your body: Walk, jump, run, play. Do anything. But move your body physically everyday.
- Bonus: This is the bonus point most of tend to simply miss out. A lot of us know what is to be done and we try do it. But one thing we miss is that we don't put "consistent effort" in doing it. It's not important how much you do sporadically. What's important is how much you do consistently. Unless we get this right, we won't achieve the desired results. This is the hidden secret of success.
We hope you found this summary helpful, useful and practical. If you've suggestions or would like to add other points, please contact us at email@example.com
About us: Luxembourg Expats is for expats, by expats. We are focused on making expats' life easier and happier in Luxembourg. To this extent we, through our platform and online communities, bring together relevant local businesses and services, real-estate, offers, buy/sell and events. Sign Up and join our marketplace community on www.luxembourgexpats.lu.